Since the first #RockYourHandwriting challenge, we’ve seen over 21,000 shares on Instagram since March. WHO KNEW so many of you wanted to work on your handwriting? I hope you saw some progress or other benefits to having time set aside to practice day to day. It’s truly a fun way to put some time aside to do something for yourself.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Spread the word – the more the merrier with this Instagram challenge, so repost the image below, tag a friend, and use the hashtag #RockYourHandwriting and the other hashtags you usually use. If you are so inspired, we are also on Facebook! Join us there if you aren’t on IG, or just want a forum to share your work with other.
- You don’t need anything fancy for gear – some people do these challenges right in their planner, others dedicate a separate planner or notebook for them. I have been doing them in my Rhodia notebook or on scraps of Rhodia grid paper. I’ve used a dozen different kinds of pens as well as pointed pen calligraphy for my own posts.
- There are 31 prompts, one for every day – there are a mix of drills, writing prompts, and applications. If it’s a drill, practice writing the words for a page or so – working on consistency. If it’s a prompt, for example “quote of the day,” then you’d write down whatever quote you want, working on intentionality. Other things are applications – which means if it’s “Thank you note,” for example, then you’re practicing handwriting doing a familiar task in a new way. Simply take a photo of your work and share on Instagram with the hashtags.
- Take a peek through the hashtag and engage with others in the challenge – like, comment, encourage, and offer feedback. Most of the joy is doing this in community rather than by ourselves.
- Join us when you can, on days you can! Its never too late. It’s an invitation not an expectation – it’s supposed to be a fun way we can all work on our handwriting together, so even if you miss a few days (we all do) just jump back in!
I’m excited – I hope you join us, and good luck!