Welcome to another dupe or dud in my series! Dupe or dud videos started in the beauty world where bloggers would compare brand name products to their cheaper, drug store versions to see if paying the extra was really worth it. I’ve compared Tombows to Artist Loft brush pens, Staedtler vs Michael’s vs Stabilo fineliners, Kuretake Clean Color vs Artist Loft Brush Pens – and today I’m comparing the bullet journal favorite Leuchtturm notebook and the new Artist Loft notebook from Michael’s. Let’s see whether they hold up!
Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you happen to buy anything, I make a small commission at no additional cost to you – thank you for your support!
DUPE OR DUD? LEUCHTTURM VS ARTIST LOFT NOTEBOOK
- Artist Loft Notebook ($5 USD, Michael’s Stores, found on an endcap with other journals)
- Leuchtturm A5 Dot Grid ($15 – $20 USD)
The main differences:
- The AL notebook is slightly shorter and slightly wider than the A5 size
- AL paper is bright white, whereas LT is slightly creamy
- AL has no back pocket, but has the 2 ribbon bookmarks
- AL has no page numbers
- Dots in the AL are similar shade (light), but don’t go all the way to the top or bottom
- AL cover is hard but bends a little bit
- Check out the video for the pen test comparison to see how the paper fares!
What do you think?! Will you be trying it?! If you have other questions, please ask in the comments! More notebook reviews to come 🙂