So you’ve seen a post or heard about the trends and you’re wondering how to get started with bullet journaling or brush calligraphy? Let me share with you some of my favorite supply recommendations.
I’ve been experimenting and playing with a lot of different mediums since 2015, so let me share some of my experiences with you!
Please note: Some of these are affiliate links; if you happen to purchase something (at no additional cost to you), I make a small commission that helps me keep this website going. Thank you for your support!
Favorite Supplies For Brush Calligraphy
Small Brush Pens:
Large Brush Pens:
- HP Premium 32# paper
- Rhodia Paper Pad
- But really anything smooth! (Tracing paper, marker paper, etc)
Get started with your brush calligraphy in my online course!
- Pretty Prints & Paper Liquid Watercolor
- Ecoline Liquid Watercolor
- Round 0 or 1 paintbrush – I don’t have a favorite brand, yet!
- Watercolor paper, cold pressed
Favorite Supplies For Bullet Journaling
- Archer & Olive Notebooks (especially for those who like to use paints and juicy markers)
- Clever Fox (more affordable, can handle some light watercolor, minimal ghosting)
- Rhodia Goalbook (slightly off-white, coated Clairfontaine paper, great for fountain pens and some ink)
- Pretty Prints & Paper Calligraphy stamps (includes days of the week, months, calendar cubes, individual letters)
- Pilot G2 (affordable, accessible; saves on plastic by selling refills)
- Sarasa Dry gel pens
- Muji retractable pens (specifically the retractable ones! I feel like the capped ones skip)
Favorite Supplies For Alcohol Ink Art
- Craft Mat
- Alcohol Inks: Ranger & Metallic, Jacquard, Marabu (you don’t need a ton, just a few to get started!)
- Nonporous surfaces (for example, Yupo paper, tiles, glass, even canvas)
- A straw (or other ways to move air like compressed air or an embossing heat tool)
- Krylon Kamar Spray Varnish (to seal the paint, available near you)
Check out more of my favorites on Amazon.
I’ve done and played with a LOT of other supplies – if you are wondering about other stuff, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org